- There was hope Biden’s VP would be announced but on Monday ‘Biden extended his search by as much as two weeks. Some longtime Biden allies worry the “process has become messier than it should be” pitting women, especially black women, against one another’.
- This infighting threatens to undermine the intra-party unity Biden has formed, avoiding the bitter attacks that hampered Clinton.
- Politico reported that frontrunner Kamala Harris “had no remorse” for her attacks on Biden in the primaries.
- The Atlantic examined Karen Bass’ praise for Castro, arguing her selection could cost the state of Florida.
- Biden is reportedly increasingly attracted to Elizabeth Warren’s big ideas on restructuring the economy following the pandemic. Warren as early as January revealed her approach to the crisis/in March warned Covid-19 ‘would require a $400billion stimulus response’. If Biden wanted to energise the left and young, Warren ‘is the option who progressives say would make them more likely to vote for Biden’
- Both Biden and Trump will not travel to the conventions to accept the nomination because of the pandemic. With a global perspective America’s handling of Covid-19 is not as bad or as good as commentators argue.
- According to Axios the Trump campaign ‘have registered 100,000 new voters, doubling their numbers from 2016’. Republicans have narrowed the Dems lead in voter registration in key states of ‘North Carolina, Arizona, Iowa, Pennsylvania and in Florida where Dems now have a 2 point advantage’.
- Talking of Florida it is worth revisiting the infamous 2000 election campaign when the result was left undecided for 36 days, as many analysts worry increased mail-in voting will lead to worse chaos this November.
%d bloggers like this: